When it comes to beach safety, being aware of the surf conditions is crucial. That’s why Santa Rosa Golf & Beach Club uses a beach flag system to inform members and guests of the current conditions.
The flag colors represent different conditions and dangers. Here’s what each color means:
– Green Flag: The water is calm and conditions are safe for swimming.
– Yellow Flag: Caution is advised as there may be moderate surf and/or currents.
– Red Flag: The water is dangerous, and swimming is not recommended.
– Double Red Flag: The beach is closed due to extremely dangerous conditions.
– Purple Flag: Dangerous marine life, such as jellyfish or sharks, are in the area.
To make it even easier to stay informed, Visit South Walton offers a convenient texting service. Simply text SAFETY to 31279 for current surf conditions.
In addition, Santa Rosa Golf & Beach Club recommends using the free “Perfect Beach” app, which provides up-to-date surf forecasts, water temperatures, and more.
Remember, it’s important to stay hydrated and avoid overexposure to the sun while enjoying the beach. Be sure to bring plenty of water and apply sunscreen regularly. By following these tips and staying aware of the beach flag system, you can enjoy a fun and safe day at the Santa Rosa Golf & Beach Club.