The club has spoken often about the multi-million-dollar course renovation, designed by Bill Bergin. However, significant renovations added a little later in the game are sure to be a hole in one – including: golf practice areas, golf training facility upgrades, a new short course, clubhouse interior, clubhouse exterior hardscaped and landscaped surfaces and more. Many of these large improvements have broken ground in July.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT – THERE ARE EXCITING THINGS HAPPENING AT THE CLUBHOUSE
An exciting transformation is happening in and around the golf clubhouse and crews have kicked into gear this month.
- Fresh color scheme – The exterior buildings to include the main clubhouse and training facility are now fresh with a beautiful white color palette.
- This week, hardscapes have begun with classic shell stone pavers on all entries.
- A wow factor is in the works just behind the clubhouse. Overlooking the 18th green hardscape plans have begun this week. A new experience is coming to life with new seating areas which are being expanded with bar, lawn and wall seating features and more that will be the new talk of the town.
- The interior renovations have begun with a total makeover including; a new bar area with new countertops and new cabinetry, new flooring, fresh paint, new tables and chairs and casual furniture. The golf shop is included and is receiving a fresh new look as well.
- If you haven’t taken a lesson recently, you may have missed the new trackman system for training, new interior driving and putting services, new flooring, paint and more.
SCHOONY’S 19TH HOLE
In November 2020 the club’s board of directors unanimously approved the motion to change the name of Mulligan’s Grille to Schoony’s 19th Hole in celebration of the legacy of Rick Schoonover – longtime member and creative mind/party planner behind the Operation Lipstick concept (along with his wife, Karen). Club members petitioned this change and as a testament of their sincere appreciation, the Schoonover family committed to additional funds for the Operation Lipstick project and clubhouse makeover to help renovate the bar area with new countertops, cabinets and much more.
MORE ABOUT OPERATION LIPSTICK
Committee Members: Karen Schoonover, Crawford Sandefur & Jerry Lancaster, Charlie & Liz Garner, Bob & Cheryl Hoffman, Dewayne & Kathryn Youngblood, Dean Millsap & Eden Cooper, Robert & Patty Reeder
The concept behind Operation Lipstick is to make mostly non-structural upgrades such as paint, carpet, furniture, pavers and possibly an expanded deck to give
our clubhouse a fresh new look using member raised funds. From its beginning 50 years ago, when members actually built our golf course and clubhouse, bartended, cooked and served food in the restaurant and much more, our club has a history of grass roots efforts by our members to keep it moving forward. This
campaign is no different. The willingness of our members to do what it takes is what makes us unique in this market, giving us a dimension not found in other clubs. Through Operation Lipstick events, the campaign has generated more than $58,000. These funds in addition to club funds will pay for new chairs and table tops inside and outside of the golf clubhouse, new casual indoor seating as well as the cost of labor and shipping and much more.
About Santa Rosa Golf & Beach Club
Santa Rosa Golf & Beach Club is the only member-owned golf course and private beach club on the coast – located on scenic Highway 30A in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. Hugging the sugar-white sandy beaches of South Walton, the club spans across more than 85 acres providing members and their guests access to golf, dining, and more. The club boasts an 18 hole, par 72 championship golf course, a beautiful beach club with private pool and beach access, plus dining – including the club’s signature restaurant located directly on the Gulf of Mexico, Vue on 30a. Learn more at staging-bgrmsantarosa-stage.kinsta.cloud.